Wednesday, September 22, 2010

An opening.


My name is Mindy. I am their first born, sister to four siblings, aunt to 5 nieces and nephews, friend too and with MANY and most importantly, blessed beyond belief to be a mother to two AMAZING children of my very own. I am surviving a life riddled with guilt and pain over my sweet brother's drug addiction. A brother who's soul is owned by a spoon, balloon and a needle. An addiction that has carried on with its gut-wrenching ways for approximately 9 years.


Typing is so much easier for me than writing in a journal so I started this blog to put my feelings on a board. To help me open up and let go of the feelings that grip my heart sometimes so hard that I feel like I have to pinch myself to make sure I am still breathing.


At times my posts will be depressing I know. Maybe to much information to be given. But I say it as it is because that's the way it is and if it isn't something you want to read, than please don't read my blog. The fact is, my brother is a HEROIN addict and I along with those closest to him in our family are impaled by his addiction just as much as he is. This is just not his addiction. It has become all of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment