Monday, January 24, 2011

Aren't they beautiful?

Monday mornings are hardly my favorite! I hate having to detach myself from my warm, comfy pillows and blankets, away from the man I love and my sweet, but very heavy dog who somehow finds a way too wiggle her way through both of our bodies in the dead of night.
~
But THIS Monday morning was different than the rest because I got a call from my sissy at 7:02 a.m., which is 6:02 a.m. her time. It was strange to see her calling so early. Early morning communication is a rarity with the two of us, especially on a weekday morning. It has been a super, duper long time since I have had pillow talk with "M". Usually I would tell her I'd call her back so I could get on my way to work but not this time. Nope. I put all aside and lived with her in the moment, 450 miles away, laughing as if we were in the same room with each other. It was precious.
~
She and I both have dogs, however hers is a "rental" without having to pay, and my dog is actually mine. I say rental because the dog she has, Grrr is her name, actually belongs to her old neighbors. Because of the economy, they had to find another place to live and sadly weren't able to take Grrr with them....at the time. So my sister and brother-in-law volunteered to take Grrr until they could find another home where she would be able to stay. It's been 3 months and I am told it will be soon when Grrr will go back with her original owners. :( Oh how I'm glad I won't be there to witness that farewell. Terrible it will be.....just terrible!!

~
These dogs of ours are quite clever and VERY smart. They know just where they fit in the household. For instance, my Lacey has learned how to open the dish-towel drawer in the kitchen and pull one out, running off with it in her mouth. I was STUNNED when I realized what she had done. Lord help me. Before I know it she will be opening the front door and making a beeline for the streets. YIKES! My Lacey also knows how to twist off the caps to the plastic bottles that contain our water, soda-pop, and any other drink we carry around. She hides her raw-hide bone when she's tired of chewing it.....like she did in one of my plant's. I couldn't understand for the life of me WHY she kept messing with that plant. Little did I know she had planted her own plant, her bone, in my plant. I had NO idea until I re-potted the damn thing and found the end piece of her bone in the dirt. No wonder she kept digging in it.
~
If she sees that you are watching you her "hide her bone", she removes it and finds another safe place for it. REALLY Lacey? Like we are really going to gnaw on her soggy, dirty, gross bone the very minute you are tired of it. El wrongo!
~
It was an amusing conversation with my sissy. Great to laugh so early in the morning. She told me to check my email when I got to work. She sent me pictures of Grrr.

Look at those faces. Are these two girls beautiful or WHAT? Yes, Grrr sleeps with "M" and my brother-in-law as well, even under the covers. "M" informed me during our comical phone conversation that Grrr "spoons her". See what I mean when I say how terrible it will be to let her go? I mean look at the smile on that dogs face. I have never wanted to breed Lacey. I don't want to bother with it and I don't want to deal with squealing puppies once again. I might just have to face the music and do it so "M" can have a new puppy she can call her own. I don't know...that's a LOT of music to face. Maybe I'll just let her rent Lacey for a short, very short, period of time.
~
What an amazing way to start my work week. I hope the rest of the week goes as great as this morning did. Thanks "M". You are the best sister one could ever have and I'm proud and so honored to say you are my baby sister. I heart you like crazy and miss you tremendously!!!! I can't wait to laugh with you face to face.
~
I haven't heard from Chad now in 2 weeks. I was sure I would get a letter from him last week but I didn't. I'm thinking...more like reeling, that he has been put in general population. I so hope, if he has, he is ok and "adapting" to the situation. And I also hope he knows how very much he is loved by me and the rest of us, no matter the circumstances.
~
"B" is doing much better. I visited with him yesterday and the swelling and redness on the outside are gone. He is starting to eat solid foods and able to talk better. They haven't caught the guy who did this and "B" is leaving it in the hands of the detectives. He's a pretty amazing kid! It was so good having time with him, laughing with him, and being sister and brother. Kindred moments they are. I'm blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment